Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Love yourself for who you are......

One thing I am constantly saddened by in our little boutique is how women lack so much confidence about themselves. It seems that nearly every lady who walks in to our fitting room starts with


“I’m sorry I’m not wearing a good bra today”

“I’m sorry I am wearing the wrong size”

“I’m a really weird shape”

“I’m a funny size, I can never find a bra that fits”

There’s no need to be apologetic, if you’re wearing a perfect well fitting bra you probably wouldn’t have much need to visit us for a fitting,. Between Mumsie and me we have seen it all, big ones, small ones, different sized ones, saggy ones, perky ones, fake ones, young ones and old ones. All perfectly normal, it is easy to forget what normal is when we are surrounded by glossy images of bright young things wearing backless strapless dresses with boobs defying gravity with no visible means of support.

So why do we all look in the mirror and immediately focus on that little bit of fat under our arms or decide that our boobs are too big or too small. I think all women would agree it has more to do with our own issues than trying to please anyone else. Most men I have spoken to only notice our little flaws when we point them out or go on about them.

One of the greatest joys of owning our little lingerie boutique is seeing the difference that a beautiful well fitting bra can make to someone’s confidence. After all if you are such a funny misshapen size the lingerie designers wouldn’t make a bra in your size would they. Here’s a great site that that show you that women’s breasts come in all shapes and sizes and are still perfectly normal. So take a look and try not to be so hard on yourself, no one is perfect or 100% happy with what they have but if you can try and be 80% happy and see what difference it makes.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much, Miss Kitty. I am in desperate need of more self confidence. While doing my most recent post modeling blouses and panties I felt perhaps I am too old or not fit enough and started being very hard on myself. I have gotten a few encouraging comments so far, but am still in need of more confidence. Perhaps if I bought some proper sized lingerie it would help. Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete