Monday, March 22, 2010

K cup bras hit the British High Street

I don't know if any of you ladies would be surprised to hear that Britain is getting bustier and due to the surge in demand of larger cup sizes the K Cup bra has finally been introduced to the British high street. Selfridges in London and Manchester have introduced the K cup made by Fantasie for the first time. According to new research, sales of bras in the D to G category have risen 50% every year since 2005. I can't say this surprises me, the average cup size of a Plums Lingerie customers is an E at least.

I think ladies are now becoming more aware of the importance of wearing a correctly fitting bra due to programmes like What Not to Wear with Trinny and Susannah and Gok Wan’s How to look Good Naked. We now stock the lovely Prima Donna Deauville in an I cup which is the equivalent to the UK J and they tick on quite well.

Apparently

'Breasts are getting bigger but it's not just because we are getting heavier,' biomechanics professor Dr. Joanna Scurr told the Telegraph. 'We don't yet know the reason, but it has certainly made women much more aware of the need for correct support.'

Lingerieblog.co.uk are currently running a survey to see what the average bra size is so if you want to have your say you can fill it in here

1 comment:

  1. Being that when select my wardrobe and accessories for going out in drag I get to choose my cup size and that I'm due for a new set of falsies, perhaps I should take the current trend into consideration. I had been going with a B cup, but while I consider investing in something more expensive, perhaps I should think about a C cup. I hadn't before because I wanted to look more realistic.

    ReplyDelete