Thursday, January 28, 2010

Au Revoir Paris....

Back from Paris and once again the Salon de Lingerie didn’t disappoint! It was great to see it so much busier than last year. The mood it definitely more optimistic however there seems to be a reduction in the men’s lingerie section. Six packed, toned lovelies wandering around in their pants seem to be a scarce breed. Perhaps the bottom has fallen out of the men’s market?



The professional that I am I focused on the buying for next winter and feel quite pleased with the orders placed. Purple is still popular but I think that every woman must own a purple lingerie set by now! The colour raspberry is also very popular, not too red and not too purple. Not sure if it’s particularly boy friendly, one for the girls I think. I have also sourced a new supplier which will be kept under wraps until later in the year but it will take us in to a slightly different market place.


I also picked up the new La Decollete, a bra that dewrinkles your cleavage, as seen in the Daily Mail I am not sure that bra is an accurate description, it more like a mini pillow with shoulder and back straps. The sales rep swore blind it was brilliant, so I thought I would pick one up and bring it home to test out what people think.
After all this work, despite the exhaustion, I continued with my hunt for the perfect location for a glass of champagne. I really don’t understand when people are skeptical about how tough this trip is. The Hemingway Bar at the Ritz was cosy and intimate but I felt I should have been drinking whisky rather than champers. I preferred the Meurice Hotel on Rue de Rivoli, perfect for a post purchase relaxation accompanied by a bit of plinky plonky piano. I will continue the research when buying for next season, any recommendations will be gratefully received and tested thoroughly.

The Fontainbleu Bar at Le Meurice

No comments:

Post a Comment